Monday, October 10, 2005

A pathetic attempt to garner sympathy

I have a mild cold at the moment. I blame my parents. Virtually the first thing they said yesterday when they arrived was that they both had colds. Excellent, cheers guys, thanks for sharing that with me. I know that realistically it's unlikely that I'd see them in the afternoon, catch something from them and then be all snuffly the very next day, but still, that's surely what parents are for. Someone to blame when you're ill. They should have had DNA that mixed to give me a better immune system.

Actually, I don't get ill that often so maybe they did alright for me after all.

I didn't have any proper tissues in work so I was stuck using whatever bits of tissue-like paper I could find. Mostly this was the pile of napkins I've built up on my desk from various sandwich shops around York. I've realised that these really could be softer. Say I go to Pret a Manger and I pay Two Pounds Fifty for a sandwich. For that money surely I've got to expect a decently soft napkin. One that will not only clean mayonnaise from my keyboard but will also wipe my nose without me going Ow. It's not too much to ask is it?

Accepted, they are still preferable to the toilet tissue from the toilets, but they're not exactly Kleenex. Well tomorrow I think I'm going to dig out a pack of tissues that I took rafting in the summer. They should still be ok (possibly a little squished) as long as I can find them.

This is thrilling, isn't it?

I'd intended to go out to see a band tonight. They'd travelled all the way from Iceland to play here in York. But since I've got a cold (and I'm going to see bands tomorrow and Thursday), I've decided to stay in. I hope they won't be too disappointed that I'm not there. Sorry Leaves!

No comments: