Monday, October 31, 2005

Lucky I spotted this one...

I wrote the post below a few minutes ago and, luckily, before I posted it I realised I had made a grave error. I'm slightly surprised at myself that it took me about twenty minutes from the event actually happening, through me writing it down here, before I realised that I had made a grave error.

However rather than discarding it completely I'll turn it into a game of Spot The Grave Error. Play along at home

------------------

I was listening to some tunes on the way in to work this morning on my portable tune-playing device (PTPD). It played a couple of decent songs and then it chose Lambchop's Up With People for my delectation. This is generally a great song. However this morning, when it got to the end of the song all I could hear was "Come on Roger May" for some reason. Now that is not the true lyric and the song has nothing to do with ex-members of Queen. But I just heard it over and over again, sung by Kurt Wagner and a gospel choir. Come on Roger May, Come on Roger May, Come on Roger May etc etc.

That really wasn't an image I wanted in my head.

6 comments:

Chip said...

It's where you said your PTPD played a few decent songs, isn't it? That would never happen.

Martin said...

You forgot the comma after 'However'?

Cheers

Bertworld said...

You forgot the comma before "for some reason."?

Tim said...

You really did want that image in your head.

Lint said...

No, sorry, you are all way out. The error I made was to think I had mishead the lyric. In fact, "come on Roger May" is exactly what Kurt is singing. The whole song is about Freddie Mercury and the boys' tourbus antics back in the late 80s.

I think.

I miss Roger May and his poodle hair. They don't make rock stars like that any more. RIP Roger.

Martin said...

Fuck that, I'm sticking with the comma.

Cheers