Saturday, October 29, 2005

Could it be magic?

The clocks go back tonight meaning that I get an extra hour in bed. However, this isn't particularly convenient for me. I haven't done anything of note tonight and so don't really need more bed-time this week.

Bloody timekeepers, with their silly rules.

Next week would be much more useful. I'll be at a wedding reception and so will probably have a jar or two. Next week, I'd be very appreciative of an extra hour in bed. But I won't legally have one because the powers that be have deigned this week to be the one where it happens. They could have at least done some consultation with the people that will be affected (ie me).

So I think I might delay the addition of the extra hour for a week, just in my life. For the next 7 days, when everyone else is having seven o'clock, I'll be having eight of her majesty's clock. I think. This will have some advantages. The pubs will appear to stay open until midnight rather than eleven. I also won't have to get to work until ten o'clock. I think. I do tend to get confused by this whole thing.

This is clearly another fine plan of mine. And it will mean I get an extra hour in bed next Sunday morning (when it will do me most good) as I realign myself to the nation's main time syatem.

I'll have to be really careful with the train timetable though or I'll miss the wedding itself.

No comments: