Sunday, November 21, 2004

A trip to Club Z

After living in York for getting on four years, I last night visited the third (and last) of the city centre nightclubs for the first time. For no particular good reason that I can determine, other than that it seemed like a good idea at the time, we took a trip to Ziggys, or Club Z as it is sometimes known.

Entering it is a bit like going into someone's house. On the left is a living room with some sofas, and then the next door along is some kind of big dining room (with a bar in it). Upstairs and downstairs are more clublike.

It all seemed relatively relaxed, they let you have drinks on the dancefloor, and the music varied from tolerable to good. Certainly better than its reputation would leave one to believe. Though it could have had more nice girls in it.

I went to the toilet at one point and thought it was quite strange that there were no urinals in there, but some places are a bit odd, so I didn't let it phase me too much. After I'd finished, I left the stall, and as I was washing my hands, a girl came into the toilets. Although this was a bit unusual, it is something that happens quite a lot in clubs, as the girls are very slow and often have to queue. Occasionally the more adventurous ones will use the men's toilets to save time. So I just assumed she was being a bit naughty and using the gents because she was desperate.

She looked at me and I looked at her. She said something along the lines of "Why are you in the girls toilets?". I had a moment of realisation, looked embarassed, mumbled something and quickly left.

Well, despite that, a good time was had, even if I was dead on my feet by the end of the evening.

Compare and contrast

No comments: