Monday, November 08, 2004

It's Chriiiiissssttttmasssss!!!

With Bonfire night out of the way, it looks like Christmas is now officially here. Early signs of Christmas include:

1. Christmas songs playing in shops (eg Next) at lunchtime.
2. Mulled wine on sale in The Old White Swan (tasty stuff).
3. Mince pies brought into work by a colleague this afternoon.
4. I sat on Santa's lap today.

Ok, so I lied about number 4, but even so, it seems TOO EARLY for Christmas. I know that this same thing happens every year, but that doesn't make it right. There are probably many other signs of Christmas that are out there that I just haven't noticed, because you don't class things as being particularly odd when they are there for over a sixth of a year.

If I was four years old again, I'd lap this stuff up. I'd probably still enjoy fireworks too. Or maybe I'd be scared by the loud bangs and totally frightened to pant-messing level by the evil smelling fat man in the red coat and dirty beard. But I'm not four years old. Not any more. I used to be that age, but I was forced to grow up by time, parents and a desire to have my own flat.

Yes, now I am an adult and can willingly spit on Christmas coming early, on fireworks going on too long, and on other people having fun. Pah, darn them all.

Humbug.

6 comments:

Jimbobjo said...

I saw someone putting up their Christmas decorations in their house last night. Now that is early!

Lint said...

It's wrong, wrong, wrong. You should go round to that person's house and explain too them in simple, polite terms, that they are a complete doofus.

asyl076 said...

It's never too early for mince pies. My waistline, however, may disagree with me.

Lint said...

Agreed about the mince pies.

It's too early for decorations though. You may not agree though, since I seem to remember you put your halloween decorations up around August time?

asyl076 said...

I think August was about the time we were duped into hosting the Halloween party. I don't believe I started actually putting the decorations out until October though, as to do otherwise would be entirely lame. And Christmas decorations stay securely in their boxes until the day after Thanksgiving, in my book.

Tsuki said...

If we had more holidays then we could just go from one to the next.
Hallowe'en in October
Bonfire night in November
Xmas in December
Oh. Wait. That's what happens now.
There are only 6 Saturdays left until Christmas though.