Saturday, November 13, 2004

Going Soft

I think I'm going soft in my old age.

I've been on a mini pub crawl tonight (six pubs and back home by nine). Before hand, I did a speck of shopping - wanted to pick up the new Eminem album. This task I achieved: Well done me. However, at the same time, I also (through the evils of a "buy 2 save £5" offer) also bought the new album by... The Beautiful South. Not cool.

Good stuff though! It's an album of just covers, featuring amongst others, Don't Fear The Reaper and Ciao! (the duet between Lush and Jarvis Cocker). It's good (mostly). Really.

And anyway, I think Eminem cancels out The Beautiful South, in the same way that walking up the stairs at work cancels out the bacon sandwich you've bought on the way in, or that wearing a tie cancels out comedy socks saying "I Love Beer".

In other music related news, it was good to see that Helen Love have managed to potentially expose themselves to an audience by having a song on the new Dave Gorman DVD. When I saw DG last year, I was quite surprised to hear a Helen Love track on the PA before he came on. I said to the people with, in an excited way, "Ooooooh, it's Helen Love!". They probably don't remember, or weren't listening, or both. Mr Gorman must be a Helen Love fan. For any of you who have not caught onto their delights yet, I recommend Radio Hits Vol. 3.

2 comments:

Bertworld said...

I can remember you saying something, but also wasnt too bothered! I was looking at the funny show things. Is the dvd good??

Lint said...

Sorry, I don't know. I haven't actually bought it.