Thursday, May 11, 2006

Top Time-saving Tip

My new shiny box has an excellent time-saving feature that I hadn't anticipated. Possibly all similar boxes do this too.

If you've recorded something on to the hard drive you can play it back before work in the morning. So far so normal. But then when you watch it back, rather than watch in realtime, you can play it back at 1.5x normal speed. The sound is all still fine, speech is perfectly understandable and not even raised in pitch. The only times things are hard to follow are periods of fast talking, or fast action scenes. Other than that it's just like normal except everyone has a bit of a hurry on.

It works really well! And it means I can watch a 45 minute programme in just half an hour. An extra 15 minutes of my life is released for other things!

If only I could do the same thing at work...

No comments: