Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Drinks of Zorro

Another actuarial pub treasure hunt on Thursday which meant more fancy dress fun. This time me and my team were Zorros - masked up, sworded fighters for all that is good.

Zorro in the pub

I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I took this next photo:

Zorro in the toilet

One task we had for the evening was to find a stranger and film them answering the question "What is an actuary?" - a question that even I have been known to struggle with from time to time. We only needed to get one, but I got a bit carried away and ended up with about nine videos. Hard to pick a favourite, but I did like the answer given by a young couple down by the river. The guy tried for a while to give an answer and wasn't really close - he sounded to be describing an auditor if anything. His girlfriend though finally had inspiration and shouted in at the end "and they're gay!".

I also liked the chap on reception in the Moat House Hotel who despite looking very confused and slightly scared by us did try to give an answer and didn't call security to eject us. The firemen in the fire station were much less friendly though. They wouldn't talk to me at all. Stupid life-saving uniformed miserables.

No comments: