Thursday, May 04, 2006

Shiny new toy

Today I finally leave behind the murky world of VHS video cassettes forever. And not a day too soon - they're rubbish. I've just got myself a combined DVD-recorder, hard-drive recorder and Freeview box which means I can now do all sorts of fun things like... er... watch DVDs, record things and watch digital telly. Which is cool, except I could do all those things already. I'm sure I'll find some proper advantages to the new system soon.

Hopefully soon, anyway. I haven't actually got the thing yet. I'm sitting around waiting for a delivery van to arrive. It's due anytime between 5pm and 8pm, so I still have potentially another hour to wait. This is annoying because:

a) I want my new shiny toy
b) I want to go running tonight before it starts raining

The rain isn't definite but I think it's pretty likely since it's been dead warm all day.

Anyway, one advantage I definitely will have is a reduction in the amount of boxes and spaghetti around my television. I'll be combining three existing boxes plus all their wires into a single unit. There'll still be a load of other stuff cluttering up the area but it'll be a certain improvement on the prior position.

So now I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting, bit bored. Perhaps I'll just sit here typing nonsense for the next hour.

Nah.

No comments: