Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sandwich News

Over the last couple of years, a lot of Subways have opened in York. I'm talking about the sandwich shops rather than the underground tunnels. To the best of my knowledge, York still lacks a decent subway system. It could be a secret, eyes only type network I suppose. Possibly used to smuggle illegal vicars out of the Minster.

I have only eaten from Subway once before, and that time I didn't actually go in myself - Chip went in and did all the complicated stuff. That was about two years ago. Today I felt like trying the full experience for myself. Not sure why, I just did.

I had a Foot Long Chicken Teriyaki on Hearty Italian bread (Toasted) with Lettuce, Red Onion and (stop me if you're bored) Green Peppers. With Sweet Onion Sauce. Now it was undeniably a very tasty sandwich. But it cost £4.60!! I could have had two pints of beer for that! Or a Pizza Hut All You Can Eat Buffet plus two packets of crisps. It seems like a VERY EXPENSIVE SANDWICH to me.

But it was good, and I would return. I'll just have to save up first.

In other completely unrelated news, I've just noticed that Flickr has finally gone out of Beta! And in to... Gamma. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

flickr has changed a bit, and is a little quicker. Cant wait for the delta version!

Also isn't there something wrong with sandwiches being measured in inches.