Friday, September 30, 2005

Some places to go. And some places not to go.

Here are some reviews of some pubs that I went to last night. Apologies if I've forgotten any:

1. The Maltings
A small pub, guaranteed that it will be full of people that you know or worst case scenario, recognise. Dark Budwar is very drinkable.

2. Victor J's Art Bar
Now with brand new upstairs area and toilets. I got confused and used the staff toilet. It's downstairs where the public toilet used to be. I refused to be put off by all the signs saying "Staff only", "Private", "No Entry" and "Warning: Toxic Waste".

3. The Artful Dodger
This is a place. Used to be Walkers, then became the W Bar. Now it's had a bit of a makeover and isn't actually too bad. There's a 6'5" wasted guy called Oliver who spent a lot of time trying to convince me to get a new job.

4. Rumours
Don't go there. It's rubbish.

5. The Room
Don't go there. It's rubbish. Also, the pool table appears to be broken and doesn't allow me to do "trick shots". ie I lost.

6. The Micklegate
Hazy

7. The Nags Head
Not sure why we went here. Triples for the price of singles! Yeah, that's a great idea. They have an arcade table thing with a selection of games. I had a go at Arkanoid. I'm fairly sure that when I was a nipper and had this on the Spectrum that I could hit the little ball at least once. I was also crap at Ms Pac Man.

8. Reflex
Still stuck in the 80s.

And then it was time to go home, thankfully.

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

and all on a thursday night!