Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Challenge #2: Bed - Complete!

My spare bedroom has been bedless since I moved into my flat two and a half years ago. This hasn't been much of a problem, but I figured that if I mean it to be a bedroom, it should have some form of bed in it. I wasn't really bothered what kind of bed this would be since I have no intention of sleeping in it much. It just needs to be something that would sleep a couple of guests should I ever have any (it could happen!).

I carefully considered various different kinds of bed, speculating on the advantages and disadvantages of each: Wooden framed beds, metal framed beds, divan beds, sofa-beds, futons, beds of nails and flowerbeds. Don't be daft, I did no such thing. As I said in the first paragraph, I wasn't really bothered. I just did what I always do when faced with this sort of choice: Choose an idea I vaguely like and then wait for a bored Sunday to go on the internet and find something half-decent.

The bored Sunday in question came a few weeks ago. I ordered a wooden framed. It came last Friday and then sat unassembled in the spare room for a few days. Then last night I found myself with some spare time and decided to have a go at putting it together. It was surprisingly easy and took way under an hour. And maybe half of that was taking the bits out of their packaging and then disposing of said packaging.

I bought a mattress to go on it at the same time. Not a brilliantly high quality one since I figure it won't be used too much. And there's no point in making your guests too comfy - it simply encourages them to stay. Thankfully the mattress came ready assembled and simply required me to manhandle it on to the assembled bed frame. I even found an old duvet and a couple of pillows and some bedding to put on top.

If I'm honest, the duvet and pillows are very grotty and will need replacing as soon as I can be arsed (ie 2007).

So I now have a second bed and I declare Challenge #2: Bed to be complete.

Please, no comments about me now having to "Christen" the bed. Though I will consider any offers :-)

2 comments:

Bertworld said...

So you'll consider any offers. Didn't think you were that open.

I also had predicted you'd do 10 challenges and feel quietly confident about that now you have 7 done and Pub and Ebay look like progressing well. Just need you to cook or write 6 more songs.

asyl076 said...

We require a picture.