Monday, September 05, 2005

Mercury 2005: Predictions

It's the announcement of the winner of the Mercury Music Prize tomorrow. The shortlist has some pretty decent albums on it. In full, with my scores out of 5 for each one and a mysterious ? if I haven't heard it:

# Antony and the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now (4)
# Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (3.5)
# Coldplay - X&Y (4.5)
# The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike (?)
# Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV (4 for the couple of songs I've heard)
# KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope (5)
# Kaiser Chiefs - Employment (5)
# The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers (4)
# Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger (?)
# MIA - Arular (?)
# Polar Bear - Held on the Tips of Fingers (?)
# Seth Lakeman - Kitty Jay (?)

I have to say, I have no idea who the last three bands/people are. My money's on either Antony and the Johnsons or KT Tunstall to win. Me saying this will probably have cursed both artists since I never manage to predict this one right. I got it wrong last year - I thought it'd be The Streets. It was actually Franz Ferdinand. Doh!

1 comment:

Lint said...

Strange, I got it right - Antony and the Johnsons have won!