Saturday, June 04, 2005

Yes, I'm back!

The haircutter says to me: "So are you back on Monday?". Back where? Back here in the haircutters? Is he going to do such a bad job that I have to return in 2 days time? What's he on about? I'm confused so I answer with a generic "Yes". He must have noticed my slight confusion since he then says "You are a teacher aren't you?". Now I see what's gone wrong. I look like a frickin' teacher!?!

This doesn't normally happen.

I tell him that I'm not a teacher, but don't then elaborate on what I actually am. Explaining actuaries to haircutters is not my idea of fun on a Saturday morning.

Neither is having a headache, which is really annoying given that I only had three pints and a couple of glasses of wine last night (over a period of about 5 hours!).

And I'm really tense and on edge today. Poke me and I'll jump.

6 comments:

Chip said...

I bet you say that to all the girls...

Jaq said...

*pokes Lint*

Lint said...

Ow! Now I've banged my head. Darn you.

Bertworld said...

boo!

asyl076 said...

I was going to poke you, but I've been beaten to it. So now I shan't.

Is that how you spell shan't? Actuaries of the world, enlighten me!

Lint said...

Your spelling of shan't is exemplary. In the old days they used to spell it with an additional apostrophe to mark the two missing Ls: sha'n't. But this is rarely used nowadays.

And also... Please stop poking me now!