Thursday, June 09, 2005

Whisky and near-loss

Some days I really like my job.

I got in this morning to find on my desk: 1 bottle of Glenmorangie! Yum! It was a present for the help I'd given to a project over the last few weeks.

So I thought for a couple of seconds about whether I could accept it or not, then realised that since it was an internal gift there were no professional conflicts of interest or anything like that and so it was all fine. And also, I like whisky.

I did feel slightly guilty since I hadn't really been doing anything other than my actual job, but clearly the work had been appreciated by the project manager.

I like whisky.

Later on I lost my ID card (not because I was drunk on the whisky - it just fell off. Honest). But it got handed in so I got it back.

And even later on, I went home. With my whisky.

No comments: