Saturday, June 25, 2005

Edinburgh Programmes

I'm going up to Edinburgh later to see some friends. They don't know each other but they do live conveniently in flats that are about five minutes walk apart. Makes my life easy. Tonight is a cowboys and indians party - I have a fantastic costume. It's a cowboy hat. And nothing else unless I have time and inspiration within the next hour.

In a fit of coincidence, I received some post this morning. I've managed to get my name printed in a programme for one of the shows at this year's Edinburgh Festival. The yoghurty comedian, Richard Herring, had asked for people to donote money to produce his programme which sounded like a good idea to me at the time. I think somehow this ultimately enabled some money to go to the charity, Scope, but I'm not quite sure how that works if the money was used to produce the progammes.

As part of this deal, I was to be sent a numbered signed, copy of said programme, and this is what arrived today. And as a special bonus, he's also sent me signed copies of the programmes from his previous two shows. I am so lucky!

Try not to be too jealous of me and my brush with celebrity.

No comments: