Tuesday, June 22, 2004

You can never have too much B&S

The new Belle and Sebastian EP was out yesterday - always a treat! 2 lovely whole new tracks.

I remember when they put out the 'Dog on Wheels' EP back in 1997 (how can that be 7 years ago already?!) - it was so good that I just played the four tracks on repeat for hours and hours. Couldn't get enough. That was back in the days when B&S didn't release singles off albums, just EPs full of brand new material. Since the move to Rough Trade, they have been taking a more conventional approach and releasing songs from albums as singles - but at least they are keeping up high standards on the b-sides.

And even better, the new CD comes with a fun little game to play, featuring a little bookworm. Slightly less frustrating than the previous "I'm a cuckoo" game. It's available online too I think.

1 comment:

iasonas said...

I had to think twice there! BDSM... B&D? D&S? S&M? No... no B&S. I'm glad you're typing about Belle and Sebastian. :)