Sunday, June 20, 2004

Not for the fainthearted

Yesterday was a fancy dress party at Castle Bert. Theme of the fancy dress: Musicals. The following photo is quite disturbing - it depicts a welshman in ladies underwear:




I hope that does not give anyone nightmares. In case you are unable to work it out, Daf is dressed as Lil' Kim, from the Lady Marmalade track used in 'Moulin Rouge'. If you ask me, that is a pretty tenuous costume - Moulin Rouge is not really a proper musical in my opinion, since all the songs are sourced from other places. And the costume in question is not even from the film, instead it is from an accompanying music video.

Anyway, I didn't really want to post the picture, but Daf was so desperate for the world to see his new look that I thought it would be cruel to go against his wishes.

My costume was much better, and much bettily linked to a musical. I went as Buffy (well, there was one episode that was a proper musical, so it counts). I had a nice axe, some lovely long blode hair, a couple of stakes and lady breasts. We had a picture of the Buffster from the OMWF soundtrack CD, and frankly it was like looking in a mirror when I saw it. Absolutely uncanny.

I can sum the rest of the evening up in three words: Wine, Women and Song (please ignore the 'and' when counting). And I shall leave the rest to your imaginations.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lordy - I just vomited all over my keyboard.

Anonymous said...

What happened to protecting identities on your blog?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, Daf's got great legs. I never noticed...

~R.

Lint said...

I removed the comment above since it had been entered twice, and also to see if I could. Whcih it seems I can't without leaving evidence :-)

"What happened to protecting identities on your blog?"
Have I ever claimed I'd do that always?

And what's with all the anonymous comments guys? Get an ident!

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great pair of legs too! Daf doesn't realise how lucky he is. Will he want to meet up with me?