Monday, June 28, 2004

Sunglasses

Yesterday socks, today sunglasses. Tomorrow...

But sunglasses. Had to buy some new ones today, as one of the lenses had fallen off my old ones. Not much use to me then unless I keep one eye permanently closed. I don't wish to do this, it would hurt after a while, look rather stupid and would basically be too much effort. The old glasses are now binned, and I have a brand spanking new pair. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive (they probably barely protect my eyes), but they'll do.

I do always seem to end up buying sunglasses that look faintly ridiculous. Not laughably ludicrous you understand, there are no comedy frames, absurd shaped or coloured lenses or musical flashing lights (though that would be cool) - just faintly ridiculous. I think it's because I tend to buy them on my own, and so when I try them on in the shop I can't see very well what they look like. Everything goes a bit dark and it's hard to make out whether they suit me or not. If there was someone there to say - "maybe try slightly larger frames", "I don't think grey is your colour", "you look like a gimp" sort of thing.

But there is just me, so I now have new sunnies, not dissimilar in fact to the old ones. Now I must try to not sit on them, lose them or accidentally feed them to a passing goat. Goats'll eat anything.

No comments: