Monday, June 28, 2004

The simple things in life are most rewarding

Now this is exciting. Regular readers may recall how only last week, in a fit of breakfastipation I ordered a new toaster from the world web thing. It has just arrived... toasty toast toast!

It's silver, shiny, and conducts electricity through it's elements. It's assembled my hand here in England - not quite the same as handmade, but not bad in this modern age. I've installed it into my kitchen, it sits very pleasantly next to the currently redundant espresso maker (when will I coffee again?...). I have turned it on for three minutes as advised by the instructions, in order to "condition the elements". It smoked a little bit, as I was told it would. Now, now, now it is ready to make me TOAST.

There's just one little ickle problem. I'm not hungry as I had my tea just before it was delivered. And more fundamentally, I have no bread. I have no marmalade. I have no jam, meat spread, meat, marmite, jelly or pate. I have got some margarine, but I don't like margarine, so it is of little use to me. Especially as I have no bread, that most important toast ingredient. So, my first toast will have to wait... until at least Wednesday. Maybe even later.

5 comments:

Chip said...

I'd have thought you were a Red Dwarf fan - surely that'd give you plenty of ideas other than just plain toast.

How about a muffin?

Lint said...

I also have no muffins, crumpets, cakelets, pikelets, pancakes, flat dumplings, pittas, bagels, giant croutons or anything else toastable whatsoever.

Chip said...

How about a waffle?

Lint said...

I do have frozen potato waffles. Toast ahoy!

Chip said...

See...I knew you'd have something toastable.