Monday, June 21, 2004

Goran's Beer Money

I had one task that I was supposed to have done this weekend, which I have failed to do: Find a bottle of Croatian beer. I tried the beer shop in town, but they didn't seem to have any - though I was too lazy to actually ask the man who worked there. I think I'd hoped they'd have a little section of shelf labelled 'Croatia', in the same way that Supermarkets often have parts of the wine shelves labelled "France" or "New World".

Going off on a slight tangent, isn't the phrase "New World" slightly antiquated now? Surely there must be a more up to date set of words that could be used? How about "America" or "Bushland" or something?

Back to beer. Yep, didn't find any Croatian beer. I did however find an (almost) amusing advert starring Goran Ivanisevic for a Croatian brew called 'Pan'. Watch it here if you really have nothing better to do.

No comments: