Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Lost card

At the weekend I received a birthday card. It was not my birthday, and the card was not addressed to me - it was addressed to Miss K Smith. I am not she. I opened the card anyway, in the off-chance there was a return address in it. There wasn't, but I know now that K is Karen, and she has an Auntie Jane and an Uncle Michael (who she can't be that close to, or they'd have her real address!).

If by some fluke, you happen to be reading this Karen, then I have your card. If you are Jane or Michael, then Karen doesn't have your card. If anyone knows any of these people, then get in touch and I'll ensure the card reaches it's proper destination. Otherwise, sorry Karen, it's bin time for your little card.

4 comments:

Bertworld said...

according to the bt phone disc there are 41 k smiths in york and none in your little street (nearly said where! - would I have been in trouble)

Anonymous said...

Curious:
Presumably you had the card last year too. What did you do to that one?

asyl076 said...

No monetary gift enclosed? Drat.

Lint said...

Didn't get one last year - I assume that she has moved house recently or something.