Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Tinkler Bell

I'm enjoying the current series of Dragon's Den. The main things people seem to be inventing this year are:

1. Bags that turn into blankets (or vice versa)
2. Premium rate phone lines

There have been two inventions in the second category, both equally retarded. The first was Car Doctor, a premium line you phone when your car's broken. They give you advice on how to fix it, most of which appeared to be along the lines of "take it to a garage". Genius. The second was The Knowledge, a service where if you are lost in London you phone a premium rate line where a taxi driver will answer and give you directions. There are so many flaws in this idea that I won't even begin to list them.

But the reason I mention the program is that I have an idea that is brilliant. However, I'm too lazy to patent it, design it, prototype it or to try and make any money from it whatsoever. Instead I'll describe it here and the world can take it as a present (though if it wants to give me a percentage, I won't say no).

My Idea - The Tinkler Bell
Isn't it annoying when as a male you visit the little boy's room and forget to do up your fly when you've finished having a tinkle? Often the first moment you'll realise you've forgotten to do it up will be when you emerge on to a street and small urchins point at you and laugh at you and say "eh, mister, yer fly's undon'".

This need happen no more, not when you've fitted a Tinkler Bell.

Imagine the same scenario, but this time when you've finished your tinkle, forgotten to do up your bits that should always be done up and begun to walk away, you hear a small bell from down below. "Aha!" you think. "Silly me!" and you do up your trouser fly, embarrassment avoided.

It's a revolutionary idea, but how does it work? I'll tell you!

Attached to the bit of the zip that you hold is a small steel bell. At the top of the aluminium zip itself is a magnet (could be built into the trouser button). Hence when the zip is open, the bell is free to ring and ring it will as you move about, fly undone. But when the fly is closed, the magnet holds the bell still, preventing it from ringing.

This really is a genius idea. Up there with the paper clip.

And I personally would find it quite useful. Come on world, make my dream into a reality.

1 comment:

admin said...

This will also open the way for a whole world of bell-end gags.