Saturday, August 19, 2006

Exciting New Blogging Toys

Well, I've just migrated over to the new Blogger Beta. Very exciting for a saddo like me. I still have a bit of fiddling to do with fonts and the stuff in the sidebar but I'll get there eventually.

Best new features I've found so far:
1. The spell check is now much faster and easier to use (not that I need it...)
2. It's much easier to manage lists in the sidebar
3. I can put labels on my posts
4. Because it is now all linked to my google account, I have one less password to remember!

I had planned to go running this afternoon, but all this fiddling has cut into my available time. Ah well, there's always tomorrow...

7 comments:

admin said...

Yes, yes that's all very well, but I couldn't help but notice that the 'World of Lint' title text at the top of each page has lost it's link. Not good for the likes of me who access your ramblings through a Live Bookmark. Sort it.

Lint said...

Possibly easier said than done... I can't edit the fundamental html template yet (that functionality is coming soon...) so I'm not sure I can put a link on the title yet.

I'm also having trouble getting the conditional tags to work so that different things show on the sidebar depending on what type of page you're on.

Ho Hum. It's pissing it down outside at the moment so I'll keep fiddling for a while longer.

Lint said...

Oh, actually I think I've found a way to cheat it. Title link should now be working!

admin said...

That's better. Yes, it's just started raining in anger here too. Your Dad has just got soaked collecting apples from our tree.

admin said...

Following on from my previous comment, this nice little website might help you predict whether you would be wise to be indoors blogging instead of outdoors running due to wet weather.

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

Of course, you'll need to make sure you're using a surge protector if your computer is turned on (and let me know if you find a domestic one that can protect against surges with as much power as lightning strikes...).

Wayne said...

Exciting stuff!

Does this also mean we can post comments without having to have a Blogger account? Let's hope so!

Not sure if it's related or not, but the link to my blog is what's technically known as "b0rked"...

Lint said...

I think all you need now is a Google account.