Saturday, August 26, 2006

I've never been to prison

When you go to prison, do the police give you half an hour to sort out your life before you are locked up? For example, can you:

1. Top up your ISA?
2. Do the washing up (imagine how mouldy your cups would be after 5 years in the slammer!)?
3. Lock your front door?

There must be many other things as well that I haven't even thought of.

I know prison is supposed to be a punishment, but is part of that punishment the continual worry that your kitchen might be overrun with new species of growth?

3 comments:

Sarum said...

Maybe they have a man who comes around to do this sort of thing - turn off the gas and water, leave a note for the milkman to say you won't be requiring milk, takes your washing out of the tumble drier, and so on. Nobody knows he exists because locking up someone's house isn't the most glamorous job in the police force. That said, it sounds to me like an ideal candidate for those TV programmes where they just follow someone with a moderately dull job around for weeks. (I’m thinking Airport and the like). Could call it “The Closure Man” or something.

Tsuki said...

That would be TERRIBLE punishment for a worrier like me! I'd spend the whole time worrying that I had left the gas on, or my staighteners were still on (which they might be today...aargh!) or that I'd left a door unlocked.

Lint said...

That should give you an extra incentive to stay out of trouble then!