Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lorraine - Live and Not Live

I went to see Lorraine play at Fibbers last night. They're an electro-pop-rock band from Norway, and unlike most bands from round there, they don't seem to be satanists. They were very good indeed. Sounds of the Pet Shop Boys, New Order and the Eighties (in a good way).

I've been on their mailing list since I saw them supporting The Feeling in February. They have been sending me a series of free promotional CDs - those half-size ones that you can't play in slot loading CD players. The first one was a great song (Tell me where you want to go - there's a lovely key change part way through) and the CD case had a picture of an alarm clock with the track length (4:20) displayed on the screen.

The next one came a few months after the first. The cover looked familiar - it had the same alarm clock with a different track length on (4:16 as it was a shorter track). What I didn't realise at first (due to a bad memory) was that the track name was... the same as the first one. It was the same track but a version that's 4 seconds shorter. I have no idea what has been cut out.



What's the point of sending me the same song twice? Why? And why is the second one slightly, pointlessly, shorter?

The only thing I can think of is that because the CDs can't be played in my Mac as it is slot loading, it's a hassle for me to rip it. They've therefore realised this and have sent me the second one to put in a different room to the first. This is actually quite thoughtful of them.

Norweigans - they're such nice people.

3 comments:

Tsuki said...

poo. I meant to go see them.

oh well, couldn't really afford it, and would have been even more knackered today.

Can I borrow one of your CDs?

Lint said...

The album should be out soon - you can borrow that if you want.

Tsuki said...

ooh. I might even buy that.