Thursday, August 03, 2006

Time Trumpet

Tonight I've particularly enjoyed watching Armando Ianucci's Time Trumpet. It's like one of those annoying talking heads retro clip shows but from 30 years in the future and about times that haven't quite happened yet.

Some reasons why it's good:
1. It has Armando Iannuci in it (really just guessing at his name spelling though I should know it by now)
2. It has Stewart Lee in it.
3. It is funny (I hear the career as a TV critic beckoning...)

It's not as good as The Day Today or Brasseye, buy maybe the closest I've seen for some while.

To update on a previous post, I'm now 99% certain it was Herring I came across on the train at the weekend. I'm going to always go first class now!

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

I saw this as well. Thought it was fairly good. Some bits were a little too extreme (charlotte church inside out and beckhams new bit) to be believable but others were really good. I thought that the old alistair campbell was good. Liked that Jamie Oliver was fat but the accent was really there.