Sunday, May 15, 2005

Things to do.

I'm intending to spend a large part of today marking exams, which means that I am constantly simultaneously seeking displacement activities. Or indeed any other activities at all. I'm already building up a list of (Really Important!) things that I can do rather than marking. But then I have to ration them. Mark script, do a thing. Mark another script, do another thing. This way I break up my day into nice manageable chunks. Activities I have done so far include:

- Fill in the home energy survey
- Try my new blackberry teabags

Activities for later in the day include

- Pay my credit card bill
- Put some washing on
- Have some more tea
- Throw away some old newspapers
- Ironing
- Have some more tea
- Learn Mind Control

See how exciting it all is!

4 comments:

Chip said...

If it helps, I did the same thing yesterday. Here are some of the activities I partook of (in? Not sure what the right word is there)

- Put 2 lots of washing on
- 2 Sudoku puzzles
- Write Perl script to read Celebdaq website
- Have more tea than you'll probably manage today
- Completely rearrange the furniture in my lounge
- Discuss the etymology of the word "stool" and the entomology of ant reproduction
- Learn Mind Control

It was indeed exciting. So exciting that I actually marked no scripts.

Bertworld said...

Perhaps you can think of some more exciting blog entries???

Agent 31 said...

Have you mastered mind control yet? And, in a related issue, do you have any idea why I cannot stop clucking like a chicken?

Lint said...

I think I'm getting the hang of the mind control lark. Not sure I can help you on the chicken thing though. Be careful if you feel the urge to sit on some eggs - it might get messy if you're not wearing plastic pants.