Sunday, May 29, 2005

Here we go again

And Big Brother returns to the telly. It must be summer.

Seems like they've done well at finding some new freaks for us to stare at for the next few months. It's quite early to have a view on who is the most freakish, so I think I'll stick with "all of them" for now.

For the first time, I have access to 24 hrs a day (ish) streaming TV from the house, since E4 has now become available on Freeview. I've got it on now. It's kind of dull. The most irritating thing is the regular advert breaks because they only seem to be advertising two seperate things - Ringtones (mainly that frog thing) and debt consolidation services.

I thought at first that these adverts were aimed at quite different audiences. But having seen how much the ringtones cost, I suspect that people could end up with quite hefty debts if they subscribed to them for a few weeks.

Actually, I think I'm going to have to turn it off. The ringtone adverts are starting to drive me mental.

2 comments:

Sarum said...

Leave it on. If you become a gibbering wreck that goes "ring-dading-ding-da-ding-ding" all the time, you might stand a good chance of getting on BB yourself. You do have to have quite a serious personality defect in order to qualify.

Lint said...

No, sorry I had to turn it off. It was too much. Anyhow, I have stacks of personality defects already. Developing a new one would just be greedy.