Monday, January 01, 2007

Starting The Year on a Low

Happy New Year everybody.

My cold didn't really get any better yesterday. I was ok in the daytime (apart from the cough) but in the evening I started getting all shivery and had a bit of a temperature again. I also lost my appetite somewhat which meant I wasn't able to eat much of the nice tea I had prepared. I didn't go into town at all, not even to the Minster at midnight (cos nothing happens!) which was probably a good idea given the godawful weather.

By bedtime I was feeling more or less ok (at least in comparison) but then I developed a very painful sore throat and that's been with me ever since. My voice has gone a bit and when I speak it sounds like I've taken a small amount of croaky helium.

I hate having a cough. And the other stuff too.

3 comments:

Chip said...

I think I know what's happened - you've got my permanent cold! I haven't had one since I arrived.

Either that, or it's my flat that's been causing it all along. Don't spend so much time there...

Lint said...

It's not the flat - I've not spent more than five minutes there in the last fortnight!

Chip said...

There's such an obvious comedic response to that one, I'm not even going to bother...