Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bedding down

For the first time, I went to The MacArthur Glen Designer Outlet today. I went to get a new duvet and some new pillows - most of mine are past their best. I quickly worked out why I had never been there before. It's rubbish. Nothing worth buying. You can't even get a newspaper, never mind some reasonably priced bedding.

So that was a bit of a waste of time.

Afterwards, I went for a haircut and then headed into York where they have some proper normal shops that sell things you'd want to buy. BHS sorted me out with some nice duck pillows and one of those duvets that comes in two parts so you can make it either, thin, medium or thick. If I had it my way, I'd leave it on 4 togs all year round, but never mind.

I hadn't realised quite how heavy and bulky four pillows and a big duvet would be. I'd planned to just carry them home but a short walk outside the shop quickly confirmed that this was unlikely to happen successfully. I was just about able to make it to a taxi rank though, so that's what I did. My arms were hurting like demons afterwards.

I hope I'm not allergic to duck down

No comments: