Monday, January 29, 2007

Pooh for Dinner!

I'm trying to make more of an effort to cook things this year. It's not a challenge, or even a resolution. Just a bit of an effort.

I don't think I've ever cooked fish before. Not that I can remember, anyway. I probably have at some point. Tonight I made Tuna Steaks in Special Sauce with Mustard Mash and Odd Brocolli. It tasted lovely, but I think I could work on the presentation a little.



Relatedly, I've just watched an incredibly odd cookery programme, with Ray Mears cooking things in the woods, using assorted hunting spoils, tubers, seeds and the odd tub of sour cream. He had an old guy with him who would eat absolutely anything with masses of enthusiasm, and then say how lovely it was. I'm not sure it was meant to be funny, but it was. Next week, I think I too will be shopping not in Sainsburys, but in the 100 Acre Wood.

No comments: