Sunday, June 25, 2006

I am the lineman goo goo ga choob

Actually, I haven't been to London. That was a subtle piece of misdirection. I've been instead at a surprise birthday party in Edinburgh and since there was a chance that the surprisee could have seen this page, writing that I was going to be surprising her would not have been conducive to giving a good surprise.

A proper karaoke machine had been hired for the evening, and it came with what seemed to be every song ever (including the complete works of B*witched!). It was nice to have a decent set-up rather than just playing Singstar on the PS2, which while lots of fun, never has quite as many songs as you'd like.

There were some truly astounding renditions through the evening and it's a shame that they are now for the most part lost to the ether never to be heard again. Perhaps they should install a hard disk inside the machines so that they can record everything that is sung. Or perhaps not.

I did a few astounding renditions myself. Wichita Lineman was a goody. Lose Yourself not quite so good. I don't think rap is my thang.

No comments: