Monday, June 05, 2006

Another month, another mile

Since it's now June, I've had to up my maximum running distance again. Another month is another mile. On Sunday I did my first nine mile run. It was quite hard work, but I finished in about one hour forty. Which incidentally, is a hell of a long time to be running for. That's enough time to cook and eat around five fresh pizzas. Or alternatively, it's enough to have sex well over a hundred times. You'd be quite tired afterwards I guess, but then I was quite tired after the running so maybe there's not that much difference.

I think it's possibly getting easier to add the extra mile each month. Proportionately it's certainly a smaller physical increment each time, but I think it also gets easier mentally too. After all, I'm probably going to be physically tired well before I'm supposed to finish so it just becomes a case of getting used to this and seeing how long I can force myself onwards for. Slightly masochistic maybe...

But the thought of that lovely hot bath and glass of wine at the end is a good thing to have in mind.

No comments: