Thursday, July 07, 2005

Not a good day

It really should go without saying that this is a sad day for the UK, and London in particular, but thankfully I and everyone I know is ok. Actually there are a few people that I haven't contacted, but I'm sure they'll be fine too. And thanks to those of you who emailed etc to check I was ok - that's really sweet of you :-)

It did please me to read one report on the interweb that said many of the pubs and bars in London were packed out with people awaiting news. It's good to know that the first thing we Brits do in a crisis is to go for a beer. Beer really does solve everything.

7 comments:

Agent 31 said...

I hope you haven't lost any friends...

Martin said...

A sad day indeed.

But what you say is true. After watching the news in stunned silence for 2 hours straight, I fired up my computer and sent an email to a friend who lives in London.

He got back to me within minutes, and assured me that he was fine. He signed off with 'Off to the pub.'

:)

Cheers

Tim said...

Glad to hear you're ok. Yours was the first blog I came to this morning to see if you updated.

And the pub does solves everything doesn't it? When the power went out in NYC two years ago everyone just went to the bar for a few hours.

Alekx said...

It's my first visit to your blog. But I'm glad you are okay. The stress of waiting on word from friends and loved ones is horrid. I'm glad you know most of yours are okay.

If I could get there I'd buy you beer until you had to pee really bad. That should help right?

Hugs to you and yours

Lint said...

Thanks all. Fingers crossed that this'll be the last of it.

I'm just hoping that this doesn't f**k up anything good that might have come out of the G8 conference.

Jaq said...

Anything good like getting stuck in traffic for long periods while protestors think it's fun to block roads and attack policemen?

My family is all safe down south which is a relief and I'm glad all is good with you (and everyone else I hope?)

I thought tea solved everything? How mislead am I?

Lint said...

Tea's good too!