Monday, July 18, 2005

Bits and Pieces

I got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning (literally - the left side) so apologies if I seem angry or rude.

I had a very pleasant time in Harrogate yesterday afternoon meeting up with a couple of friends and then watching Four Day Hombre play The Blues Bar. The main drawback was that it was really really hot and the Blues Bar is a teeny-tiny hot little venue. The poor old drummer looked to be having an especially hard time with the heat. But the soldiered on, bless 'em.

However, I did fall asleep when I got home, so if you were expecting to see me out in the evening, sorry. Managed to sleep through several phone calls too. Don't worry, I'm not dead!

I also noticed yesterday that at the start of James Blunt's You're Beautiful he appears to fluff the start and he does that thing where you start singing too early. Then he stops for a few bars and comes in with the same line at the place where he's supposed to. I'm sure he'd probably claim that it's completely intentional and done in the name of art. I just think it's quite funny.

There is now less than a week before I head off on my holiday down America's Grand Canyon. I still have various items left to buy - a hat, some sunglasses on string, sun-cream and more but hopefully I'll be able to pick these up during the week. Only three more days left of work!

3 comments:

Eddie said...

Don't forget the fanny pack! ;)

Chip said...

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed because you haven't cleaned the sheets on that side yet?

Lint said...

I think I used to have a fannypack. Though we used call them bumbags. I think they're the same thing...?