Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's the taking part...

I was excited to see that London had won its Olympic bid today. I was especially excited to sse that the results announcement had been scheduled for 1246 exactly. Sadly I was in the pub at that time and hence am unsure whether the IOC stuck to the slightly strict timing.

But the best thing was the news that each event would be allowing two normal UK residents to enter and compete against the world's top athletes. The people who do this will be chosen by means of a Text lottery (like what they did with tickets for Live8). The question's quite an easy one too. The question is:

Which two cities featured in Dickens' A Tale Of Two Cities?
A) London and Paris
B) Swindon and Hull
C) Not sure - I'll Google it in a minute

I won't spoil this by giving you the answer, but you just need to text it to 81199 to be in with a chance. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries and then allocated to an event, also at random.

I'm hoping to get a go at something. Not too bothered what, since I have seven years to train and I'm sure I could pick pretty much anything up in that timeframe, but it'd just be great to have a go. And maybe I'll win and get one of those cool metal things and get to stand on a box.

Boxes are good.

2 comments:

Bertworld said...

If I am right then it should be easier to get into the London Olympics than any other as they tend to waive the qualifying status for host countires so we should get a team for each sport. So start praticising handball or something, beach volleyball (hee hee).

Also wheres the pic today

Mona Buonanotte said...

Are you okay? 'Cause we Yanks are worried about you guys, about London, the bombs, this morning. We've been there, and we're scared for you, and yet hopeful. Take care, please.