Tuesday, July 19, 2005

7 things I have learnt today

1. There's a "secret" sunny garden in a well known York public house.

2. If you deserve a bed for the night, you might not get one.

3. If you don't, you might.

4. It's slightly too far to walk from The Bodrum to my flat to keep a takeaway pizza nicely hot. However, three minutes in the oven will sort it out fine.

5. I heard a really funny thing today. No, really funny. But I can't share it. Sorry!

6. If something goes wrong you can often change the documentation to make it have been right all along.

7. If you are wearing a plaster on your toe and it slips so that the sticky part ends up over the injured part... that can kinda hurt.

And that's the end of today's lessons. I'm off for a lollipop.

3 comments:

asyl076 said...

are you wearing a plaster on your toe?

Lint said...

I was. But I took it off (ow!) and put on a new one.

Mona Buonanotte said...

The managers at work play with number 6. So initially they say, "Installing this software will save us 10% in labor costs and increase our profits by 15%".

Later, when we make NO money and save NO costs, the phrase spouted to one and all is, "Installing this software saved us 10% of 2% of last year's projected savings over 1995 in new customer order entry, and we expect an 18% increase in profit in gross capital expenditure investment in 2007!"

Oh, not that I'm BITTER or anything. Sorry.