Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tunch

I went out for lunch today - I call it lunch but since it was getting on for three o'clock by the time we reached the pub, lunch is maybe the wrong word. Afternoon tea might be a better description.

We went to The Judges' Lodgings and I had a mixed grill:

Judges' Mixed Grill

Unfortunately, the food took a long, long time to arrive. So long that:

a) The staff came over to apologise for the delay on three separate occasions
b) They gave us free drinks

This second point is certainly not to be coughed at.

The music was of an exceptionally high quality for a Saturday afternoon. If it had been an indie disco rather than a cellar bar, I'd have been dancing all night. We had Ed Harcourt, The Killers, Maximo Park, Willy Mason and (maybe literally) hundreds of others I won't recount here. On the other hand, I'm glad it wasn't a disco because the celing is very low and I'd have banged myself.

4 comments:

Chip said...

They had several Pixies songs and the best of the Stone Roses on when I was in there last weekend. They should be complimented.

asyl076 said...

what's that bit of stuff to the right of the meat and the left of the mushrooms?

Lint said...

That would be chicken!

asyl076 said...

ahhhhhhh.

that chicken looks like it's been up to something.