Monday, January 02, 2006

I am as good as Hercules

Now here's an interesting thing. Like me, the Great Hero Hercules was once set 12 challenges. For reference, I'll list them here (thanks to Mr R Herring for doing the research here - I've just nicked this info from his 2004 Edinburgh programme):

1. To kill The Nemean Lion
2. To kill the Lernean Hydra
3. To capture the Hind of Ceryneia
4. To catch the Erymanthian Boar
5. To clean the Aegean Stables
6. To get rid of some birds near Stymphalos
7. To capture the Cretan Bull
8. To capture King Diomedes' mares
9. To steal the Girdle of Hippolyte
10. To rustle the Cattle of Geryon
11. To scrump the Apples of Hesperides
12. To kidnap Cerberus of Hades

Unfortunately for Hercules, he was deemed to have failed task 2 (because he had help from someone else) and task 5 (because he asked for payment). Hence even the Great Hero Hercules only scored 10 challenges out of 12. I am as good as a Greek Legend at doing challenges. I'll reiterate what I said yesterday: I rock.

No comments: