Thursday, January 05, 2006

Run-a-thon 500 - The Rules

The run-a-thon 500 is underway. Nobody has sponsored me yet, but that is surely just a matter of time. I hope.

Anyway, here, as promised, are the rules I will be working to:

1. Since there is no way I can be followed and monitored by a third party for the duration of the run-a-thon 500, I cannot give any real proof that I will be doing what I say I am. For this I apologise. I am sorry. This is not so much a rule, more a thing. Should anybody want to come and monitor any particular part of my running then I would be only too happy for you to come along.

2. The 500 miles will be made of several smaller segments. These segments will vary in length. Smallest ones are likely to be three miles. Longer ones could be half-maraton length. Lets see how things go.

3. All runs will be measured using internet mapping services. So far I have used www.uk.map24.com. It can be a bit clunky but it seems to work.

4. Distances from all runs will be rounded DOWN to the nearest mile. If I do a 3.9 mile run it will add only 3 miles to my total.

5. Only unbroken distances will be counted. If for example I ran 6 miles which was made of 2.4 miles, 5 mins break, 1.8 miles, 3 mins break, 1.8 miles, each section would count as a separate run and only contribute 4 miles in total.

6. However, I might sometimes have to briefly stop in order to cross a road. This is ok and will not count as a break. Running in front of moving cars is bad.

That seems like not many rules. If anyone wants clarification on any point then please let me know.

Sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/rich500. Thanks!

3 comments:

Bertworld said...

Look like the donation thing is designed so that geeks like me cannot put in formulae or conditions. Darn.
So will sponsor 50p for first 100 miles and double it for every other (max 500 miles) :-)

Chip said...

You do realise this is going to turn into another CNPS between you and me, don't you?

Lint said...

Yeah, and you'll likely thrash me again. Don't know why I have to go and start these damn things...