Monday, January 02, 2006

Books read in 2005

A quick post to tidy up some of the detritus left over from 2005. All the way from the sidebar, here are the books I read last year. Only 20 in total which is a bit below the 2 per month I'd normally aim at.

Going Postal - Terry Pratchett
Eats, Shoots & Leaves - Lynne Truss
Join Me - Danny Wallace
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke
Time's Eye - Arthur C. Clarke & Stephen Baxter
Dead Lines - Greg Bear
Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco
Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde
Evolution - Stephen Baxter
The 13 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear - Walter Moers
The Scar - China Meiville
The Oxford Murders - Guillermo Martinez
Over The Edge: Death in Grand Canyon - Ghiglieri & Myers
The Algebraist - Iain M Banks
Singularity Sky - Charles Stross
Slant - Greg Bear
To Hold Infinity - John Meaney
Knees Up Mother Earth - Robert Rankin
Century Rain - Alastair Reynolds
The Light Ages - Ian R MacLeod

Of these, I think I will claim Century Rain as my favourite. But there is no cash prize for this. Sorry, Mr Reynolds.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Ypou did better than me - I only managed 17 this year. Or, last year, rather.

Cheers