Monday, January 14, 2008

I blame the parents

So my DS Lite is a little broken. Luckily, I still have my old DS original so I can continue to play Pokemon on its slightly dull rubbish screen(s) and unattractive case.

I intend to buy a new Lite asap but unfortunately this just isn't possible in the shops of York at the moment. Everywhere is sold out, even of pink ones. Obviously I'd never buy a pink one but I'd at least be mildly tempted if it was the only option. But its not even an option. That's probably a good thing as it removes the temptation to go pink.

It's been extremely hard to track the machines down round here for several months now. If anything, they were harder to find than Wiis before Christmas, and since then it hasn't got any better. I had reports from friends over the festive period that in other towns Wiis were gold-dust and DSs were ten-a-penny. But in York it seems the other way round.

The reason for the shortage is pretty obvious - it's f**king parents buying DS Lites for their f**king kids. In their thousands. I mean how dare they. I, as an adult, should be able to buy what I want when I want. If adults were going out and buying all the gin off supermarket shelves for their little darlings, leaving none for the actual grown-ups, there'd be outrage. If parents went out and bought all the jazz mags from newsagents for their tiny babies, there would be marches on the street from jazz aficionados like myself. And if they went out and purchased every single dirty magazine from the top shelf of all the newsagents (two shelves above the jazz mags) the grey mac brigade would be chaining themselves outside parliament and setting fire to their boxes of hankies.

But somehow it's alright for the idiots who have children, most of whom probably didn't even bother to go out and get a f***ing license, to snap up every bloody DS Lite off York's shelves (even the pink ones) leaving me, a tax paying man, deprived of what I deserve and NEED.

Arseholes. I hope they all die. And the kids too. And that the kids think of me in their wills and leave me an unbroken DS Lite. In white preferably.

No comments: