Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Pirates in Need

I'm a little worried about the problems that avian-flu might cause for our pirate community. Their lovely parrots could end up being knocked out by the hundreds, leaving lonely pirates with an empty shoulder and a birdy memory. I was so worried that I declared today "Pirates in Need Day" and I drew a campaign board to help the cause:

Pirates in Need

The pirate pictured is one I met in the pub last night and his story is heart-rending. In his own words: "Shiver me timbers. I am utterly downtrodden at the loss of my favourite parrot, Jim, to this dastardly avian-flu. Ahoy and Avast! I will kill myself out of pure despair". It's totally tragic. He did kill himself too, there was nothing I could do. Except start a campaign.

I didn't raise any money as such. This might be linked to the way that only about ten people saw the board and they are all tight arses.

Help a sad pirate!

2 comments:

Tim said...

awww.. even the sun is sad.

Lint said...

That's because the sun loves pirates and their sadbess is shared.