Sunday, November 13, 2005

Clouds of smoke obscure my view...

This weekend has seen the final wedding (#4) of the year, or at least the final one which I will be attending. This makes it sound like there are several other weddings that I won't be attending. This is almost certainly true, but I haven't been invited to them and it's rude to crash.

Here's a photo of the bride and the groom looking all married, to prove I was there:

Helen & James

With all these weddings out of the way I can sit back and analyse them scientifically. Here are my findings:

1. Religiousosity is clearly in decline. Only half of all weddings take place in churches. This is in comparison to the combined 2003 and 2004 period where around two-thirds of weddings were church-based. God must be quite irate.

2. White is still the most popular colour by far for brides. 75% of all brides choose this colour to get married. All remaining brides wear red.

3. Most couples these days choose not to wait until the wedding night to consummate their relationship (Ok, I'm only guessing this one, but I reckon it's true all the same).

4. Nobody gives you free whisky when you get to the reception. This is clearly an area for development.

5. There doesn't seem to be much bouquet tossing going on any more. Possibly it is just happening when I'm not looking.

And that concludes the detailed statistical anaylsis.

To end the wedding topic for a while, I think most brides would look cooler if they wore sunglasses. Just a thought, but it's a totally true fact that all girls look better if they wear sunglasses and smile.

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

Helen did toss her bouquet and it landed on the floor before someone grabbed it. I do have a piccy!