Wednesday, August 31, 2005

"Who the f**king hell are Slipknot?"

Everybody has a favourite line from a Half Man Half Biscuit song. I think my favourite is: "I'm off to see The Bootleg Beatles, as the Bootleg Mark Chapman".

I've never seen The Bootleg Beatles (whilst dressed as a Beatle-shooter or otherwise) but I have seen other The Beatles tribute bands. They're quite easy to distinguish from the real thing these days - just count the number of living members. If there are four then there's a very real chance that you are not watching the real The Beatles. Instead you are watching four short sweaty men in bad wigs.

Actually, I think I might have lied about my favourite line from a Half Man Half Biscuit song. It's a different one. It's actually "...and a Blues CD on the Hallmark label - that's sure to be good" which only really makes any sense when placed in the context of a song about a man trying to annoy the guy serving him at a late night garage. Well, everybody's got to have a hobby.

Although I have favourite lines, I'm not a massive fan of HMHB. But they have their moments. Everyone has good moments (*).

(* except for Celine Dion, David Gray, Toploader, Vernon Kay, Mariah Carey and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

1 comment:

Agent 31 said...

I'm with you on Vernon Kay - the man is a nipple, but my wife might take umbrage with your disparaging of her precious Red Hot Chili Peppers. Beware very pregnant women with sharp objects and American accents, Lint.