Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Just hanging around...

Due to having nothing much to do at the weekend, I finally got around to doing my ironing pile. About 10 or so shirts that have just been left in an unironed pile in my bedroom for... a while. They're all ironed now. There was a dress shirt in there that I don't think I've worn for a couple of years at least. I ironed it anyway. Probably should have just chucked it, since I'll never wear it again - I have a newer, nicer (cleaner!) one. Actually, I should just put the old one into my rags pile. There's something gloriously decadent about using a dress shirt as a rag when painting or cleaning or whatever else it is that people do with rags.

But the point of this was that since I'd ironed and hung up a load of shirts I'll never wear, I have now run out of coathangers. When I removed some washing from the clothes washing machine a short while ago there were some clothes that I'd normally hang, but can't because of the paucity of empty hangers in my wardrobe. Darnit! I'll have to go and bally do something about it. Rearrange some of the full hangers, or put more shirts in the rags pile.

If you were wondering, the rags pile lives above my immersion heater thing, in the tall cupboard by the front door.

No comments: