Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'm packing and leaving

I've just spent an hour or so packing my suitcase ready for the holiday. A quick weigh-in... 15 kg. Well within my 20kg limit. Still need to add one more shirt, and then maybe a jacket, but I think I'll be well under. I probably have too many clothes, but it's so long since I've been on a long holiday that I really have no idea how much I need. Enough to wear clean clothes each day seems like a reasonable idea. And obvs I've also packed "the hat".

Final packing: Saturday morning. Will mostly be my hand luggage & toiletries. I still have not lost my passport. Sure there must be something obvious I have forgotten though. Maybe I'll go through the checklist one last time.

Since tomorrow is my last full day in York I'm planning to go out for leaving drinks in the evening. I'd like to get out at a reasonable time, but have loads of work to do. Luckily, I've devised an incredibly elegant solution to a piece of work which should let me cut down a couple of day's really dull spreadsheet work into an hour or so. And at the same time will make my models much more versatile. It's going to be bloomin' great, unless I've made a fundamental mistake in my thinking, which was done on my way home from work at around 7pm after a tiring day (aww, bless).

Either way, I plan to get in early tomorrow which means an early night tonight. And the end of another completely non-alcoholic week.

1 comment:

Chip said...

And here's me thinking you were going to say that you've come up with this elegant solution but this < div > is too small to contain it!