Sunday, July 23, 2006

Vouchers of Misery

Sainsbury's sent me a pile of money-off vouchers. They enable me to get money of when I spend a certain amount of money on classes of good. The six categories in question are:

1. Fresh Pizza
2. Toiletries
3. Bakery products (including cakes)
4. Fruit juice
5. Crisps and nuts
6. Frozen food

These are all things that I tend to buy anyway (and they know that, the spying hussies, from my Nectar card) and so I can't see how they benefit from this. Surely it would be better to try and tempt me to buy things I don't normally buy? Things like Catfood or SanitaryLadyProducts? What's the point in giving me a pound off when I spend five pounds on pizza when I spend at least five pounds on pizza every week? it's dumb.

And don't give me that crap about them being a very successful supermarket that know much more about marketing goods than I do. I once sold ice to a group of Eskimos (*)

You might think I'm being silly here, and I should just be happy that I have some nice vouchers and should be grateful that they are for things I often buy. Well, I'm not. So there. I'm pissed off because I forogt to take them with me. I could have saved a POUND!!!

(* This is not strictly true)

3 comments:

Bertworld said...

I think what they try and do is move people to try out brands which are more expensive, so they increase their margin. So have you bought any pizza types you wouldn't normally?

Lint said...

Nope, just same old same old. But I was tempted to try their new Elephant pizza.

Bertworld said...

Our sainsbury had a Haggis pizza.