Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Avast - New Clothes

Right, enough about skiing. I got given a Polar Buff for Valentine's Day yesterday. I had absolutely no idea what it was at first. Because it was wrapped up.

Once unwrapped, I still had no idea what it was, but quickly worked out that it was some kind of headwear. I was able to do this because the cardboard it came on said "The Original Multifunction Headwear". "A-ha!" I thought, "This must be some kind of multifunctional headwear!". And I was right, it is.

So in case you are also ignorant of the Buff, it is a kind of tube of material. You can wrap it into several configurations, including headband, scarf, cap, balaclava, ski-mask and most excitingly... Pirate! It turns into a proper pirate scarf/hat thing like they wear on telly. When I saw that I was happy.

Now a Polar Buff is like a normal Buff but it has a fluffy fleecy bit on the end so that you can line your hats with warmth.

It took me a while to get to grips with using it - you have to do some odd things to get it into some configurations, but I think I have the hang of it now. Oooh-aaarggh, me hearties.

No comments: